Friday, July 4, 2008

Squeaky Clean

I have been told many times to check the pockets of clothing going into the washer. I have ruined many clothes by putting pens into the dryer....mostly Travis' and yet I still do not check pockets.
Today I was doing laundry to get ready for our trip tomorrow to the Ozarks and I threw in my jean shorts from yesterday.

Meanwhile, I needed to add some songs to my ipod for the trip. So I attempted to do so, but couldn't find my ipod. I knew I brought it back from my mom's yesterday...where could it be... OH NO! I think it's in my jean shorts pockets, so I flew down stairs to look... After going threw an entire load of laundry to find the jean shorts I was thrilled when it wasn't in there. I must have left it in the car, at mom's or in a pile somewhere.

Travis found the ipod a few hours later...... at the BOTTOM of the washing machine, squeaky clean, but no longer workable!

I knew I was in trouble and it would be a long time before we would purchase another Ipod for Misty....I was told I was being demoted from Laundry Duty :) :) :) Drats :) :):)
Then after feeling really crummy for about 10-15 minutes my wonderful, loving and brilliant husband informed me we would be stopping at target on our way to the Quad Cities this evening for a new Ipod for me!!!! :) :) :) How thoughtful!

So now I'm up at 12:38AM downloading songs that were already on my old ipod onto my new ipod....it is going to be an early morning come 5:15! However, at least I have an Ipod to lull me to sleep on the car ride to the Ozarks!
I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy 4th of July!

No comments: