Monday, September 29, 2008

Mowing~ High Power!

Today I thought I'd do something nice for Travis and mow the lawn. It was quite long after all the rain we've been getting. Our mower is quite "sensitive" right now and Travis is the only one who can run it. I decided to ask our neighbors who have a self-propelled bagger if I could use theirs. They were very nice and said no problem.
I was warned about the power from the self-propelled. I thought no problem. Dad and Justin have a self propelled and I used to mow the front lawn at Dad's all the time....

Ok, I've obviously not used a self-propelled in QUITE a long time. I was pushed and pulled all over the lawn! I think there are truly tire divots from where I tried to turn but spun out instead.

Then there was the process of dumping the bag! Oh geeze! I tried to be neat but twice, TWICE, the grass cuttings ended up on the ground and not in the bag, which resulted in me having to scoop them up and get chiggers all over me.

All that drama....but at least the yard is mowed and it doesn't look like we need a baylor to come through to pick up the leftovers.

I think our next mower needs to have a bagger option.

No comments: