Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my 28th birthday! I had a great day starting with waffles for breakfast made by Travis and my birthday present from him. I got a Longenberger recipe box to keep all of my "borrowed" recipes in :). The other half of my gift is still at the furniture refinishing place in Knoxville, I'm hoping to pick it up this week!
Travis said it was my day so we could do whatever I wanted......you know what I chose.....to clean our house! :)
Last week was conference week for both Travis and I and man oh man, did we let things go. I was happy to use the time to just get caught up on the picking up, dishes, dusting, vacuuming, etc.

We did make time however for lunch at the Landmark...YUM! We both had lobster bisque and 1/2 a sandwich. After lunch we were able to browse the shops on Seminary Street. It was cold, but a fun day just to bum around.
Travis' parents met us at our house at 3:30 where I received some birthday presents! We then went to meet my parents at Dad's house. Mom, Dad, Justin, Travis and I, and his parents all went to dinner at Martini's in Burlington. The goal was for us to do their "grazing" option, however, most of us decided we'd prefer to order off the menu. Travis and I will save grazing for another time. We all had yummy meals, and very filling meals. We stopped at my dad's house after dinner for more presents and my birthday cake! Travis and I made it home by 8:30 and much to my surprise, there was ANOTHER birthday present on our front steps from Sarah!
Ahhhh, I love birthday's! :)

I had a great day and many phone calls, well wishes, and cards to help me celebrate my day!
Thanks to everyone who made my day great!

Travis and I on my 28th birthday

1 comment:

BURNS FAMILY said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!