Friday, July 10, 2009

Non-Stress Tests

Ok, I'm warning you I have some REALLY bad stretch marks. I am going to humiliate myself and show you, not by choice, below. If you are grossed out by ugly, ugly stretch marks I would skip this entry. Seriously.

Today I started my twice weekly non-stress test. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was no big deal, and kind of interesting. I go into this private room, sit in a recliner and get 2 probes strapped to my belly. The top probe measures contractions, the bottom probe measures the baby's heart beat. I hold a push buzzer that I push every time I feel the baby move. The goal is for the baby's heart beat to go up after each movement.


The top line sows the baby's heart rate the middle line with vertical arrows is each time I felt the baby move and the bottom line is contractions...I had none, thank goodness!
The yellow number is the baby's heart rate, on the top is where it averaged most of the time. On the bottom is after a really big kick.
OK, now is the last chance to click out of this to pass on the stretch mark pictures....
This is the top probe, the contraction probe

This is both probes attached to my belly of which will never be the same. Those are horrendous marks! Geeze!

2 comments:

BURNS FAMILY said...

Welcome to motherhood! Nothing is ever the same. :)

Kay said...

I must admit I was trying to imagine the grandchild inside and didn't really notice the marks.

Stecher 1.0