Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Cousins

This weekend we took the boys on their first overnight trip....anywhere...
We went to "The cousins" (as Parker would say) near Des Moines.  We figured we would start with an overnighter where there were already young kids and young kid "stuff" so if it flopped completely at least we'd be among family! ;)
I am pleased to say that it was not a flop, indeed, I dare to say it was a success, minus a few bumps along the way...such as:  Carson not sleeping AT ALL the whole 4 hour ride...no wait, I take that back, he fell asleep the last 15 minutes..
or, 
Parker taking 2 hours to fall asleep the first night there..with me reading on the bed next to him...
or, 
Carson not sleeping the first night there and needing to be drove around by Heather and me (I'm not complaining about this, I got to see the area ;)
or 
leaving at 6PM so the boys would sleep most of the way home only to have Parker talk, literally talk, the ENTIRE 4 hour drive home, much of it through a blinding rainstorm....no wait, I take that back, he fell asleep when we got on the 34 ramp 5 miles from our house...
anyway 

these were small in comparison to the fun memories we made watching all of  "The Cousins"  interact, watching Carson really get his "scoot on" with the flooring at their house, having great nutritious meals (and recipes) to bring home and quality time with family!

On Friday we went to the Blank Park Zoo!  I love zoos and so do the boys in my family!  We had a great time and I'd love to go back again soon!  If you're in the Des Moines area, I highly recommend it! And, if you have a Naibi Zoo membership, you can get in free...just don't leave your membership card at home they have no data base to look you up...not that I'm speaking from our own personal experience or anything....

 They have this great area where mechanical animals randomly shoot water out at you.  Parker thought this was a RIOT! 
Carson and Parker and Mommy were fascinated the whole way through the zoo....
All in a row (minus Carson) Oldest to youngest. 

 

"Hey! Give that back!" 
Picnic lunch...YUM!

The rest of the time, minus a great excursion to a furniture MEGA store, we just hung out! 
Making ice cream in something that looks like a hampster toy....
Reading books....
Sitting around enjoying the nice weather....
and 
Celebrating someones upcoming birthday... 

 
OHHHHH! I've always wanted some of these...
 
HOHHHHHH!  Fuzzy Chickens!!

Thanks Miss Heather, Uncle Kirk, and all the Cousins for a GREAT first overnight getaway!

1 comment:

Chervenka5 said...

Thanks for making the trip here! Was fun to see all of you, and the boys did GREAT!