Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Peoria Chiefs Game

Hi guys!  It's Carson!  I want to tell you about my Peoria Chiefs Game experience...
Mom and Dad got free tickets for teacher appreciation night and thought it would be a fun way to kick off the summer.  I'm new at this whole summer vacation thing, but I'm not sure my experience was "fun",

It was dollar hot dog night, so mom got in line, and dad, Parker and I waited around the stadium for 34 minutes for a hot dog which no one but mom wanted, only to have mom come back and say, "ummm, once I got to the front of the line I was told it would be another 30-40 minutes because they had to cook the hot dogs." FOR A HOT DOG?!!?  So I didn't get one."
So I decided it would be ok since I was sure mom brought me the drink she had promised...oh no, by the way "the stadium was also out of lemonade".  

This is me, once I finally got to my seat, at the bottom of the 6th inning! Oh yeah, our seats were 12 seats in from the aisle.  Then it was us for 4 seats, and 12 more seats out the other way....Did I mention that we had a backpack, a stroller, a purse, mom, dad, Parker and I?
Parker ditched us and went to sit with his friend several rows ahead of us.  He stayed there for most of the game...the remainder of the game that is. 
It was OK though cause I got to hang out with Dad, and Mom.  This is me saying Cheese in both pictures.  

 This "fantastic" outing was only topped by fireworks at the end of the game.  Of which, the entire stadium was crammed into 3 sections for viewing.  I decided I DID NOT like the fireworks and had had enough "fun" for one night and promptly let my parents, brother, friends, and everyone around me in section 106 that I was DONE, and wanted to go home.  Dad and mom tried this trick of covering our ears, but I was not having it. 
Mom and I crawled over many people to get out of there and start out long walk back to the car.  I was OK with that though, since mom left the stroller with dad, she had to carry me the entire way. 
Gotta love summer baseball!
Bye!

No comments: