Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of school!

Today was the first day of school. It was a long day! We started out leaving the house at 7:15 in order to do any last minute touch ups needed to the room. We got home at 7:30 tonight after a Nielson welcome back picnic for the students and families of Nielson.

Travis has 19 students with a new one coming tomorrow to make 20 2nd graders in his room. He said they were so quiet today you could hear a pin drop. I think it's the goatee! :)

Misty has 20 students in her room. Her room was quite the opposite today! Her children weren't at all scared or intimidated by her, but spent the entire morning just chat chatting away to each other. In fact they didn't even seem to notice she was there. She'll have to work on that!

Funniest moment from today in first grade:

Me: How many of you gave your mom's and dad's kisses and hugs before you left today.....

(awkward silence)

Boy C: I gave my mom knuckles!

Me: Knuckles?

Boy C: Yeah like this.....(show fist pound)

Silly me for asking such a dumb question....I guess I lived in a different era..... :) :)


1 comment:

Chervenka5 said...

You guys look so spiffy! :)

I, too, am behind on the whole knuckles thing. Our pastor-to-be actually did that to me this weekend and I just stood there and looked at him for what was probably an uncomfortable amount of time before realizing what I was suppose to do!