Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tear Jerker....Again....

Ok, so does anyone else just sometimes need a opportunity to cry....I mean not just cry but sob...ok, not sob, but utterly just gut wrenching tears? Me too! Sometimes it happens when I'm really stressed and just need a release, or sometimes it happens just because it hasn't for awhile, and sometimes it happens just because I'm a girl.

If you find yourself in need of a good release of tears read Karen Kingsbury, Ever After. Her books, as I've said before, often get to me and I always say this is my newest favorite...this one isn't my favorite, but man oh man will you cry. I couldn't even tell Travis what was going on during one point tonight.

Someone asked me why I read her books if all I'm going to do is cry. I LOVE her writing because she makes her characters so real. Travis will say, it's O.K. it's not real. But to me, when I'm reading (and sometimes after I'm done) it is real. Her characters and story lines seem to be like people I know, or could know, or things that could, or really do happen to people. I have even "be-friend ed" her characters in the Baxter Series. (Watch out for THAT post in September when the LAST book of the 15 book series comes out!)

Anyway, read Ever After....it's a contemporary novel and quite relevant to today's world.

Krista (my Karen Kingsbury buddy)~I don't have to return the book for another week to the library....let me know if you want it and I'll get it to you this weekend.

1 comment:

BURNS FAMILY said...

Of course, I'll take it, but I don't know how well I'll handle it. The last book, Like Dandelion Dust, just about did me in! I can't resist though! :)