Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Sunday Suprise

This morning I got to church 5 minutes late. As soon as I walked into the classroom I was told that Ed needed to see me in the Sanctuary with Stan. I was a bit confused but went right up. As I got up there Ed and Stan were practicing the morning's praise songs. When I walked in Ed handed me the bulletin and had Stan start the song again, and had me sing along.

Last week Ed asked me if I would do special music on some Sunday. I said, OK maybe, but not alone.

I guess they took me up on the offer because this morning Ed Robinson and I led the church in 2 praise songs at the beginning of the service, My Life is in You Lord and Shout to the Lord It was fun. I would have normally been so nervous, but I think only having about 2 seconds to realize what was going on helped out.
The congregation was quite gracious about it as well. It helps to have people smile a genuine smile at you while you are in front singing.
What a nice Sunday Surprise!

1 comment:

Chervenka5 said...

Not only did God call you to serve this morning, but He knew what was the best way to call you - apparently last minute! :) Two great songs, sorry we couldn't be there to hear them!