Thursday, August 20, 2009

36 weeks....big baby

This morning was our last ultra sound for baby. After the ultrasound we had a non stress test and then a doctor appointment.
Everything looks good with the ultra sound. During the non-stress test the baby wouldn't move much so it took a little longer than usual, but things ended up looking good!
When we met with Amy she checked me out and found no progression. I think that's good since I"m only 36 weeks, however, with some of the braxton hix contractions I've been having I think I was suspecting at least a little something. But nothing.

We asked how much the baby approximately weighs....
7 lbs. 12 oz. right now!!!!!!!!!!!!
She said that put the baby in the 90th percentile....we want average 50th percentile.
She then informed me I would be needing that epidural I've requested! :)
Travis is thrilled about the largeness of the baby, however, I keep reminding him he's not the one who has to push it out!

There was also some discussion of inducing labor during the week of labor day if baby hasn't made his/her appearance yet. Amy and Dr. Piper do not want me to go until my due date because of the gestational diabetes.

Here are pictures of the little sumo wrestler!

3 comments:

Kay said...

Awesome pictures.

The anticipation is escalating...

Love,
1.0

BURNS FAMILY said...

I can't believe the time is almost here! Big babies are cute and those cheeks are adorable in the ultrasound pictures! :)

Chervenka5 said...

Big babies have the added advantage of sleeping longer sooner! So while I am sure baby is keeping you up at night now, baby will sleep better sooner due to already having the extra weight! :)