Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chinese Lunch

12:00PM
Travis: You wanna do Chinese for lunch?
Misty: Ohhhhhh, yummy OK! :)

2:00PM
Misty: I am so full, we shouldn't have eaten so late.
Travis: Do you think this will mess up your doctor appointment?
Misty: Nah....

2:40PM
Nurse: You'll need to drink the entire bottle of sugar solution and wait for 1 hour to see if you pass the glucose test.

3:00PM
Misty: I just had lunch at 2:00 is that going to cause me to fail this test?
Amy Mefford (midwife): Well, did you eat a lot of carbs?
Misty: Well, I had Chinese
Amy: ummmm, we'll just have to wait and see

3:45PM
Nurse: You've failed the test, you'll need to go and have a 2nd test done at the lab on Friday morning. You need to fast before this test. The test will take 3 hours and you'll have your blood drawn 3 different times.
Misty: Was it really that far over?
Nurse: It was pretty high. We'll try again with no Chinese on Friday. And you need to be at the lab by 7:30AM.

This scenario makes me wonder if a Chinese lunch in which my husband Never offers was really worth it.

1 comment:

Kay said...

My guess is the combined carbs and sugar (sweet and sour?) probably sabotaged your results. Let us know how things come out on Friday.

Love,
1.0