Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Big Baby

During my appointment today I was complaining of pain on the right side and was informed that is where most of the baby is settled, however, the baby covers the entire bulge of the belly. I was told you've got a really good sized baby. My belly is "all baby".

I asked if she knew approx. how big the baby was or was going to be.
"I would say you'll have an upper 7 to mid 8 pound baby".
GEEZ! I said, is that pretty big?
"It's on the upper end of average"

I then made the fatal mistake of asking if she thought I would go all 40 weeks. I was thinking man, if the baby is that big maybe it will be tired of being cramped up and come early....

The response:
You'll probably go more than 40 weeks.
WHAT????????!!!!!!???????

I was assured that after being 7 days overdue we could talk about inducing. I am hoping she is wrong on this assumption!

No comments: