Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Vacation

Ahhhhhhh summer vacation!
Now that we are officially out of regular school, Travis and I are enjoying some free time.
Summer School started today. We are both working in the mornings from 8:30-noon which isn't too bad. I'm teaching 1st grade and Travis is being the outreach worker (like a truant officer). He loves it. In fact he is enjoying himself!
After school today we came home and enjoyed lunch and a nap with no Buddy. Buddy was at the dog groomer getting his summer "do". I asked the lady to shave him and cut his nails. When we went to get the dog, Travis didn't recognize him!
Buddy with his summer cut.
He seems to be much more comfortable. He doesn't pant as much and seems to have some spring back in his step. In fact tonight when I was fertilizing the flowers I caught him breaking open a bag of garbage to eat some watermelon rines.
I think the cut was just what he needed.
These are his "new" nails. They look ENORMOUS! However, Travis pointed out that he has practically no hair left on him so of course the nails look long. I can tell they did cut them because there isn't as much click, click, clicking when he walks on the wood floor.
In other news,
Tomorrow would be pregnancy week 27 for us! Wow the time is going fast. I am really starting to "feel" pregnant now, and am loving the opportunity for afternoon naps. We are now seeing the doctor/midwife every two weeks now. Tomorrow I will go for a glucose test and hopefully everything turns out great!
27 Weeks

1 comment:

Kay said...

Love the way your groomer has a "theme" for haircuts, depending on the season. Buddy looks pretty handsome.

Let us know how your glucose test comes out.

Love,
1.0